Sunday, January 3, 2010

A little bit about ME

I thought it would be a good idea to give a little bit of the back story on me. You already know that I am the mother of two boys. One is 9 and the other is nearly 2. I had my first son during college - quite the unexpected surprise. I somehow figured out how to finish my degree in four years while raising a son - and even got married during my last year of school. After I graduated, I took a job in Corporate America and steadily moved up the ladder over the last five years there. The problem? I am not at all passionate about what I do or what the company does as a whole. I had always wanted to go to law school but somewhere in between graduating, getting a job and buying a new house - I thought those dreams were unrealistic.

Before I had my toddler, I was actually pregnant with another baby boy - that I carried to full term without any problems. Tragically, he died days after he was born due to breathing issues. I was absolutely devastated. Surprisingly, I went on to have my third son (the toddler now here) almost a year to the date that I lost my second baby. God works in very mysterious ways. I hadn't planned on getting pregnant again - but I am so very glad that it worked out the way that it has. The loss of my son has forced me to re-evaluate my life and has drastically changed my perspective. Those dreams I had of becoming a lawyer? I've dusted them off and have decided to just go for it. I realize how short our days on this earth are - and I want to honor the memory of my son by choosing to make a difference and chase my passion. I hope to teach my sons here that no tragedy should break you - and that life is too short to just get by doing something you hate. I don't want to waste another day, I am going for it.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss.

    I look forward to following your story and hope you stick with the blog. I'll include you in my next round up and send some traffic your way if you post that week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I plan to keep it up - I'll need the outlet since I am not going totally public with this info until I receive my acceptance :) I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete