Sunday, February 7, 2010

Goodbye Fair LSAT

Yesterday was the day. I did it. I took the LSAT and hope to God that I am done with that monster of a test. I am sorry for being MIA - I have gotten caught up in seriously studying and very rarely opened my laptop - that is, unless I was at work ;-)

So, I decided to take a weekend Powerscore course which I found extremely helpful. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who isn't already familiar with the Powerscore Bibles. I had the advantage of having already worked through them, so I had a good foundation to work off of. Others in my class weren't so lucky. My instructor was awesome and even gave us tips and tricks that worked for him personally. Overall, I felt like it was a much shorter class than the 16 hours that I was in there - he was passionate and excited - which was contagious!

Soooo, yesterday. Amazingly enough, I slept ALL night the night before. That's the best I've slept in years. I am not kidding. I woke up amazed and told my husband I hoped that was God's divine intervention. Once to the exam I was seated and waited a full 20 mins while fidgeting in my desk for the test to begin. I recited some scriptures in my head to help me calm down and said a few prayers.

Once the test began, I opened up my test book to see..Logic Games. I thought I was prepared for them..but my heart started pounding so hard I felt it was about to burst from my chest. I made it through two and a half games and had to guess on the rest. I was completely knocked off of my game in the first section. I prayed that this was the experimental section. The next section was Logical Reasoning and I cruised through that, well prepared. Reading Comprehension was next and I did pretty well, I thought.
At break, I was praying that games would pop up again so I would know that the first was experimental..but felt good overall about my performance otherwise.
After break, I opened the test booklet to find my second helping of Logical Reasoning and I didn't finish in time and had to guess on the last 2. The final section......Reading Comprehension. CRAP! This completely freaked me out because the games section was REAL and I had ROCKED the first RC. Dang it. So already knocked down, I began the second RC which I found to be much more difficult than the first. I spent way too much time on the first 2 and had to guess on the last one entirely.

Long story short, I walked out of there feeling like the world had ended. Hopefully I did better than I think and there's a good curve. If not, I'll be retaking in June. For now, I'll try to push this out of my mind while I enjoy a good 3 weeks off from the LSAT studying that has become my life!

2 comments: